Thursday, February 4, 2010

WESTIES

I found this on my vets website a Pet health care online website that I have signed up for the dogs. I was reading it tonight and they said Behavior Concerns with Westies are:
  • Makes an affectionate and fun-loving companion. - Bella - always have to be touching you
  • Playful and good with children. - Bella and Bo
  • Bold, watchful, busy, and often mischievous. Bo -TP anyone?
  • Outgoing toward strangers. Bella wants everyone to come see her / Bo wants to tell everyone this is his place.
  • Most get along well with other dogs, but some can be scrappy. Bella holds dog toys in front of Bo where he cant grab it, just because she can. - I always tell her to stop being a "Bitch and let him have it"
  • Most get along with other household pets, except for rodents. Bella loves to hunt in the yard for rodents.
  • Independent and somewhat stubborn. Does best with reward-based training involving food or games. Bella will only sit if you have something in your hand....and stubborn - she does what she wants. Bo is very independent and will go off on his own and he likes to talk back (I mean bark back) -stubborn.
  • Learns quickly, but also bores quickly, and may come up with its own ideas. Did I already say TP? He has gone through over 15 rolls so far.
  • Some tend to bark a lot, which should be discouraged from an early age. Bo and we have tried everything to get him to STOP good luck!!!!!!!Bo is barking RIGHT NOW.... Bella - hardly never.
  • Many like to dig. Did you I say Bella likes to hunt....she has left some good holes in the yard and her white face has been brown from a few holes.
YES, IT SEEMS THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT...I HAVE TWO HARDHEADED, SPOILED, LOVABLE, AND STUBBORN LITTLE WESTIES. - It wouldn't be the same with out my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment