Sunday, April 18, 2010

Did I get hint by a Bus or run 12 miles

This last Wednesday I ran 12 miles for the first time. I started off my day by being so busy at work I never thought about running that night. Until I got the gym and showed up 30 minutes before the run. Than I relized that I had a long night ahead of me and it was going to be a rewarding run if I could complete it.
Like always we started going in the same direction and started the run, I never even thought of the sun and how hot it was that day. When I got onto my 5th mile I could feel the sun beating down on me and I was slowly loosing one of my friends that I started the run with. When I looked back I could not find her anywhere. I continue to run but I found myself getting dehydrated. However, when you are in a middle of a run and the only thing you want to do is get back to your car....the only way you are going to get their quick is....RUN RUN RUN!
After running a little over another 2 miles I saw the friend I had lost...she was getting sick along the road. I stopped to ask if she was fine than kept on running.
As I continue to run, I came up to two girls that decided to stop running and walk. As I caught up to them I continue to run towards the next water spot. I felt so dehydrated when I finally arrived to the water spot, I could not open the water bottle - I had to ask some random person to help me. After finishing running my last 3 miles and got back to the YMCA I couldn't even move or walk straight.
I made it through the whole 12 mile run. I felt for the amount and the heat really made it hard. I know 1/4th of my group had got sick and half them had to walk during the walk. However, everyone made it and this makes us all ready for the big run on May 8th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment