Thursday, March 25, 2010

No Pain No Game

I will be honest, I was hoping to not experience any pain during this training but I was wrong.

Last Saturday I ran 7 miles and the day after my foot started to hurt. I just stayed off of it and played it off. Monday morning no pain, so I ran the normal 4 miles. Tuesday light pain, so I went to a Physical Therapist that is working with my training program. He asked to see my shoes and this first thing that came from his month was "WOW, THESE ARE THE WORST SHOES TO RUN IN" I thought GREAT! 100 dollar plus shoes that I been running in are bad on my feet.

Long story short-He filled out a paper and said go back to the running company (where I got my shoes) and have them exchange them for another pair of shoes and he wrote down three different kinds to try. He had me try some out that night and watched me run to make sure these would help.

Wednesday night was our long run (8 miles) so I just grab a pair of old Nike's that I had. God was I wrong. My big toe has been rubbed raw and my foot was in so much pain it was shooting up my leg to my lower back. No worries- I finished/ran the whole 8 miles and went straight home and put ice on my foot.

Thursday (Today) I am in pain. I turn in my heels for tee shoes today. I barely walked away from my desk and I just kept close throughout the day. I went straight after work to the Running Company and after 3 months of training they did exchange my shoes and they was CHEAPER!! So I walked around looking for things to also purchase, since I had a credit. Did I mention I had a $10 coupon as well? So, I got a new pair of running shorts, some non rub stick and a new pair of shoes for $3.19.

When the guy said 319....I asked again how much he said 319. I said 3 hundred and 19 dollars? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment