Sunday, November 15, 2009

Driven

Driven by so many things in my life at this time but the #1 one thing that is making me realize that I need to get up and dust myself off again and keep going.

I have this strong will to continue my career in HR. I enjoy helping people, explaining rules, understanding employment laws and meeting friendly people. However in this economy HR is not the field you want to be working in. The first place a company starts cutting is your HR department.

However, since mid July, I was contacted by a network friend to work with a seed corn company. They where the most down to earth and friendly people. The ladies I worked for thew so much as me and pushed me to learn this or that. Exposed me to many formal legal laws regarding HR. They would great! I knew going in to this job that this could be temporary or a full time job. The more I was there the more I prayed that they would keep me. However, sadly this past week I found that the Director found a external candidate that had more experience and choose to offer her the job. I was very disappointed but than I thought "Things happen for a reason" I learned a lot and I grew a lot professionally.

Two or three weeks ago, I was contacted by a friend (I worked with at PAI) that needed some temporary help and asked me if I could come in and work with her the rest of the year in her HR department. I told her I would have to wait for the outcome of my current temporary job. Which is now, ending tomorrow. I told her I would come and help her out.

The point of this blog was to let my thoughts out. I am DRIVEN, WILLING, and DETERMINED to get as much experience possible and take every chance I have to learn and run with it. I am VERY lucky that I have meet such great people that have contacted me and asked me to come and help their HR teams.

Even though, I would do anything to have a full time job, a place where I feel like I belong, somewhere I can grow, learn and take off with my career. But that isn't in my cards at this time. So, I blessed that everyone that I worked with in the past has enjoyed my work ethic and have asked me to come help them out. During that time, I am hoping the crazy economy gets better.

So, I am going to keep my head up high, a smile on my face and keep pushing through and my hard work will be notice and it will pay off at the end.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about that, but you have a great attitude.

    ReplyDelete