Sunday, June 20, 2010

Shopping

I notice recently the huge difference between Kroger and Walmart. I went to both this weekend.

Kroger - Walk through the store and someone is playing a piano
Walmart -A people greeter at the door -WELCOME TO WALMART!
Kroger - Walk right into a large section of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Walmart - Loud check outs and a weak produce department - if you could see it.
Kroger - Walk straight into the next department...deli -Someone is right there ready to help - Do you want a free sample they asked?
Walmart - Wait in line to get a gallon of milk and there is only one person working at the deli - I don't want to wait in line.
Kroger - As you look at the meat - there is always friendly customer starting a conversation
Walmart- Seriously, you didn't see me - got ran over by a shopping cart.
Kroger - Geez, my cereal is not on sale...I am not paying $5 for a box
Walmart- My cereal is on sale and I have a coupon
Kroger - Ma'm, are you ready to check out? We can get you right over here.
Walmart - These lines are forever long
Kroger - Hello, How is your day? Would you like to leave this out?
Walmart - I say to the cashier - Here are my bags.....She takes them. No word no response -Just rolled her eyes.
Kroger- Ma'm do you have any coupons today? Great! and your Kroger card?
Walmart- I say to the cashier, Oh I have coupons......-she takes them than asked - Did you buy.....yes I did - as she search through my bags.
Kroger - Today you saved $40.00 and have a great day.
Walmart - Your total is............
Kroger - Ma'm would you like me to help you with your cart and put your bags in your car?
Walmart - The cashier hands me her receipt and I walk away. Cashier didn't say a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment